Call for Applications Open: The National Initiative for Smart Green Projects Round II
By: The GrEEK Campus Team (The GrEEK Campus)
On: 25 May 2023 10:05 AM
There will be 25 winners in total. Each will get between 250,000 EGP – 750,000 EGP depending on the project needs.Get the chance to participate in COP28 in the UAE and win prize money up to 750,000 EGP to grow your “Smart & Green” business!
The National Initiative for Smart Green Projects (NISGP) is a presidential initiative aimed at promoting sustainable practices. The initiative encourages an integrated approach to climate change solutions with a strong presence and mandate concentrated on development, with a focus on sustainable development, and climate change.
There will be 25 winners in total. Each winner will get between 250,000 EGP – 750,000 EGP depending on the project needs. Among many privileges that NISGP provides to its winners such as educational technical support, the winners will also get to showcase their projects during the 2023 United Nations Climate Change Conference in the UAE.
Application deadline: Friday, 30 June 2023.
Who is Eligible?
- Projects must be founded and based in Egypt.
- Projects must have at least a Minimum Viable Product or an idea that can be realistically implemented and is backed by a solid business plan.
- Projects must apply environmental sustainability standards: reduce carbon emissions and pollution, conserve natural resources, and improve energy and resource efficiency. This is in addition to projects that focus on food security, water security, biodiversity, ecosystem services, and climate change adaptation.
- Large projects: annual turnover exceeds 200 Mil EGP
- Medium projects: every project whose annual turnover is 50 Mil EGP
- Small projects: annual turnover is between 1 Mil EGP and less than 50 Mil EGP.
- Emerging companies: have not passed 7 years since the date of starting the activity.
- June 2023
Application deadline end of June 2023.
- July 2023
Announcement of the qualified projects.
- July – August 2023
Upskilling and development of qualified projects to refine models.
- August 2023
Re-submission of refined versions of qualified projects.
- August – September 2023
Re-evaluation of qualified projects.
- October 2023
Announcement of 18 winning projects nationwide followed by coaching of 18 winning projects, in preparation to showcase at climate conference.
- November – December 2023
NISGP showcase at COP28 in the United Arab Emirates & Technical support
Sign up here.